Mymensingh district was under Dhaka division before 2015. The Division was formed in 2015 from districts previously comprising the northern part of Dhaka Division. It is one of the eight administrative divisions of Bangladesh. It has an area of 10,485 sq. km. Jamalpur, Sherpur, Mymensingh and Netrokona districts are comprised of Mymensingh divisions. There are some famous and popular tourist places in this division.
Main Tourist Attractions in Mymensingh Division:
- Zainul Abedin Sangrahashala: It is an art museum in Mymensingh district where the artist spent his early days. Established in 1975, it contains the collections of the famous artist Shilpacharya Zainul Abedin’s (1914-1976).
- Mymensingh Museum: This museum is located in Zamidar Madan Babu’s garden house at Amrita Babu Road in Mymensingh town. There are many old items including local architecture, statues, iron accessories, handicrafts, inscriptions and commercial goods of Mymensingh district.
- Mathavanga Moth (temple): Also known as Shiva Temple adjacent to the Kotwali Police Station, one of the oldest structures of Mymensingh division. Although some have considered it to be eighteenth-century architecture, the details of its construction are not known.
- Brahman Sanctuary: After 1854 the shrine of Brahman was established on the banks of the Gangina. Later Mymensingh Law College was established there. Currently the original installation has been demolished.
- Shashi Lodge: It was the elegant residential palace for Moharaja Shashikanta Acharya Chowdhury is one of the most attractive landmarks of Mymensingh city. Originally the palace was a two-storied structure built in 1877 by Maharaja Suryakanta Acharya Chowdhury for his adopted son Maharaja Shashikanta Acharya Chowdhury.
- Gouripur Lodge: It is a signature of golden Zamindari period and an old edifice in Mymensingh which is about 120 km north of Dhaka.
- Alexander Castle: It is one of the most amazing and renowned old structure in Mymensingh District. Built by Maharaja Suryo Kanta Acharya Chowdhury in 1879 in the memory of the 1st zilla magistrate of Mymensingh Mr. N .S Alexander. It covers an area of 27.155 acres.
- Bijoypur China Matir Pahar: This natural beautiful place is located in Durgapur, Netrakona. Along with enjoying the blue lake of birisiri, you can explore the china clay hill around the lake area.
- Madhutila Eco Park: This Park is located in Sherpur district. It is deep green forest and eco-park
- Gajni Obokash Kendro: This leisure spot is one of the finest national park and forest reserve in the Sherpur district, north-eastern part of Bangladesh.
- Tourist Spot / Attractions in Dhaka Division
- Tourist Spot / Attractions in Chattogram / Chittagong Division
- Tourist Spot / Attractions in Sylhet Division
- Tourist Spot / Attractions in Rajshahi Division
- Tourist Spot / Attractions in Khulna Division
- Tourist Spot / Attractions in Rangpur Division
- Tourist Spot / Attractions in Barisal Division
- Tourist Spot / Attractions in Cumilla / Comilla District