The city is nearer from Dhaka but it is in Chittagong Division. Distance of Cumilla from Dhaka in 97 km and from Chittagong it is 167 km. The main attractions of Comilla region are Bangladesh Academy for Rural Development (BARD), Lalmai and Maynamoti hills, Shalban Monastery, Mainamoti museum, World war cemetery, Dharmasagar, and Comilla Zoo etc. Comilla Maheshangon house is one of the richest libraries of old literature and culture of the country.
Main Tourist Attractions in Cumilla District / Comilla:
- BARD (Bangladesh Academy for Rural Development): This is one of the main attractions in Cumilla district founded by Dr. Akhter Hameed Khan. It is an autonomous institution that strives for research and training of local people as well as practitioners on rural development
- Lalmai Moinamoti and Shalbon Bihar: These are famous historical and archeological places in Cumilla. These are a series of hillocks, where the northern part is called Moinamoti and the Southern part is called Lalmai; and Shalbon Bihar is in the Middle of Lalmai and Moinamoti, which the was established in 8th century by King Buddadev.
- Mainamati War Cemetry: The Mainamati War Cemetery is a Second World War cemetery and a memorial in Comilla. The cemetery contains 736 Commonwealth burials of the Second World War.
- Pashchimgaon Nawab Bari: Also called Kurshed Munzil is located at Laksham, Comilla.
- Mainamati Museum: The museum is located at Shalmanpur, Comilla. Many archaeological elements were found in Shalvan Buddhist viharas are kept in the Mainamati Museum. It’s really an historical old collection museum.
- Dharmasagar & Rani Kuthir: This old house located at Dharmasagor Entrance Road, Comilla city. The pond was dug by the Tripura's King Dharma Manikya I in 1458. According to his name, the lake is named after Dharmasagar then the king time will build kantan and retirement during the dharma and the guest will spend the night Ranir kuthi Cottage building house. Once this house was allocated to Dr. Akter Hamid Khan, who was the main planner of Cumilla BARD.
- Chandimura Temple: It is an ancient Hindu temple located on the summit of the Lalmai hill in Barura Upazila of Comilla District, also known as Lalmai Chandi Temple. The temple is dedicated to the Goddess Kali. There is a temple dedicated to the God Shiva nearby.
- Parks in Comilla: Beside the City Corporation Park in the city, recently some amusement parks has been established in cumilla district. These are Magic Paradise Park, Blue Water Park, Cumilla Kingdom Amusement Park, Dino Park, Fun Town etc.
- Tourist Spot / Attractions in Dhaka Division
- Tourist Spot / Attractions in Chattogram / Chittagong Division
- Tourist Spot / Attractions in Sylhet Division
- Tourist Spot / Attractions in RajshahiDivision
- Tourist Spot / Attractions in Khulna Division
- Tourist Spot / Attractions in Rangpur Division
- Tourist Spot / Attractions in Barisal Division
- Tourist Spot / Attractions in Mymensingh Division